Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Talk show moments

I am a fan of a good talk show - I enjoy seeing the stars being their "natural" selves - well as natural as tinsel town would allow. Talk shows also make for interesting moments in pop culture history. I thought I would dedicate this post to some famous (and not so famous) talk show moments since I've been watching...

1. Tom Cruise and the couch - I don't think anyone that watched this a couple years ago will forget the exuberance and craziness that was Tom Cruise on Oprah's couch as he proclaimed his love for Katie Holmes. I truly believe that his overdone enthusiasm really hurt his image of being this larger than life movie star. This is one instance where I actually wish I didn't have to see this side of him and that he would have retained some of the movie star mystique.

2. Sherri Shepard claiming that the world is not round - This was probably one of the most ridiculous things I've heard on a talk show - you can see Joy Behar openly laughing in the clip. Enough said! And yet (well clearly not enough said) - she probably makes thousands of dollars per episode of The View.

3. Joaquin Phoenix on David Letterman - Another ridiculous TV show appearance - I am not sure if Joaquin was high on something during this interview but I'm yet to sit through a more painful interview.

4. Chris Matthews groping Ellen - Ellen always asks her guests to dance - but I am sure she didn't see this coming. I have never laughed harder than when I caught this on my DVR - it was CRRRAZZY.

5. Sarah Silverman and Matt Damon - A completely novel concept - thoroughly enjoyed by all; which led to this response by Jimmy Kimmel that had so many stars doing a cameo.

These were the top 5 moments that came to my mind - if you have any to share leave the link!!

No comments:

Post a Comment