Thursday, July 23, 2009

Blast from the Past

Tonight's So You Think You Can Dance featured a few dances from the past few seasons. But first, there was a group number with mirrors choreographed by Ms. Michaels - the woman is a genius. I wish she was more likable but eh! life goes on. It was awesome to see Hawk and Jamie do the Wade Robson hummingbird and flower routine - they were great. A few minutes before that, the bottom 2 girls were revealed which was quite a shock - it was Jeanette and Kayla... either way, SYTYCD loses a really good dancer. The bottom 2 guys were also quite a shock to me - can't believe that Evan was not among them. Brandon and Jason were revealed to be in the bottom 2. Evan looked shocked too.

Heidi and Travis came on next with the bench routine by Mia again - they were just fabulous. Travis has a few mean tattoos on his arms now... the kid has grown up. I get wanting a tattoo or 2 but to do a Megan or a Travis and have them down over your entire arm - No! The bottom 4 folks danced their individual solos although since America had actually already voted, it wouldn't have made a difference. Brandon's solo was mind-blowing. The next group dance was Wade Robson's Emmy winning routine and to add a twist to it, he joined his dancers - he is GOOOOOOOOODDDDDD!! I can see what Michael Jackson saw in him all those years ago and brought him to LA.

We then saw the present Mrs. Cruise have a little tete-a-tete with Cat Deeley - she looks incredibly toned and fit. I don't like men or women to have very bulky arms - she had just the right amount of muscles. It was fun to see her dance with some of the guys from previous seasons. Didn't see Mr. Cruise in the audience. She was decent - didn't blow me away though. Judy Garland's son watched Katie's routine originally performed by his mum.

Then the bottom two had to go home :( The show bid adieu to Jeanette (shows that American does not always get it right!! It was a shocker for the judges too) and Jason - sad but I never saw Jason winning it all (then again, based on my prediction from yesterday what do I know?). I do hope their careers go places after this because they truly are excellent.

Blog's going to be on a mini-hiatus for a while with my vacation etc. etc. I do hope to blog off and on so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment