Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Hangover - Must watch or a pass over?

Happy 4th of July everyone - sorry for the short break but was quite busy this past weekend with not too much time for tv (I know - blasphemy!!) but the hubby and I still managed to sneak in a movie Friday night - that's right - The Hangover.

At first I thought this would be a guys' movie with not much in it for me - but I was pleasantly surprised. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and highly recommend it to both guys and gals - though of course, be prepared for some crude language and nudity!! As the title suggests, this movie is about 3 guys who have accompanied their soon-to-be married friend for a Bachelor party and wake up the next morning with a massive hangover - they have no recollection of the night before or how they wound up with a tiger in their room and a missing groom. The rest of the movie deals with them piecing back the night together. I don't want to give the movie away but these friends land in implausible situations with impossible results - downright hilarious!!

Now coming to the performances - I was never a fan of Bradley Cooper in his earlier roles on Alias and He's just not that into you (am not a fan of his weak chin - don't ask me why but I just don't find him handsome although I've heard him described as such) - that changed with this movie. I loved his role in this movie. He pulled off his 'cool as a cucumber in most situations' character really well. Another person showing tremendous potential is Andy from the TV show The Office (don't know his real name but am sure you can look it up). I love watching his character on The Office and he too did a good job here. I like Heather Graham but she doesn't have much to do in this movie. Loved the crazy Asian guy - he is NUTS!! All in all a fun watch.

I don't want to hype up this movie too much but I definitely recommend it for a summer leave your brains home comedy!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! :p Im sure many pple can relate to the "hangover effect" ;)
    I saw Ice Age (wht do u xpect from me?!lol..) :p Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - you know I have not seen any of the Ice Age movies... I have heard nothing but good things about them - need to watch 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well then, you know who you can invite to be your watching partner! :p ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Hmm... maybe our next girls night in with animated movies... he he.

    ReplyDelete